Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Whole New World

It’s a whole new world out there for girls. Sure, there are still some chuckle heads who believe women should live subserviently to men, but I really don’t have much time to ponder such numskulls. I’m too busy raising a kick ass girl.

I stumbled upon a fantastic source the other day that has me thinking about how to spread the word more effectively about all the amazing resources out there for our kids these days, specifically for our girls. While this blog is predominately a forum for my rambling mama musings – thank you for your patient interest! – I’m also interested in spreading the good word (and work) for girls. When I stumble upon a cool resource, I’ll pass it on. If any of y’all find something cool, please let us all know. Word of mouth is golden as far as this mothering gig goes, and I love tapping into the richness of what other people find helpful.

So the site I discovered happens to be a new interview Internet series called Smart Girls at the Party. It’s created and hosted by comedian Amy Poehler and her fabulous girlfriends. As Poehler describes, she and her feminist cohorts created the show as a forum for young girls to change the world just by being their fabulous selves. And let me tell you, it’s hilarious. Poehler interviews girls from ages eight to fourteen, and the conversations are both entertaining and enlightening. It’s awesome to see creative, spunky, smart young girls talk about things like feminism and yoga. It rocks. Enjoy, watch with your own girls and boys and pass it on.


1 comment:

Alex said...

Oh my goodness that little girl is rad. That video made me smile today, thanks.